Latest posts by Tucker Worster (see all)
- Picking the Right SEO Keywords for Your Practice - July 25, 2019
- How to Rank Higher in the Local Search Results - July 19, 2019
- Boost Your Rankings by Optimizing Your Website Images - July 16, 2019
Those who work in marketing all say that a potential customer needs to be exposed to an ad a number of times before eventually buying what it is selling. The exact number is not agreed upon, but the minimum amount is three times. Whatever the number, it is usually far more than business owners realize.
It is therefore important for your potential hearing aid customers to see your ad repeatedly for the message to get across. Only 2% of people who click on websites are converted into paying customers, so letting your potential customer be reminded of your hearing clinic will help you stick in their minds as they traverse the internet.
The increasingly popular practice of retargeting, or remarketing, can help you achieve this. Remarketing is any sales and advertising strategy which keeps in touch with potential customers following their visit to a business. It is a strategy which focuses on showing relevant ads to people who have made a stop at or have interacted with the company’s website.
Types of remarketing for hearing clinics to consider
Standard retargeting refers to displaying ads to visitors who have visited your website and then left. These are what are called “bouncers.” Display advertisements will be shown to the individual everywhere online, via Google or social networks such as Facebook. You could also target customers though the keywords they input into a search engine, matching them with products and services that you offer.
This is a step up from standard retargeting. This allows you to show earlier website visitors ads with the products and services that they actually viewed on your website. The method helps to convert potential customers by helping them go back to your website and ‘finish the job’ that they appeared to start earlier. An example of this is a potential customer who began to fill in your appointment request form but then failed to finish it.
Google Adwords and Facebook are now offering remarketing lists to segment your audience even further. This allows you to make changes to your search advertising campaigns to a specific demographic that completes a certain type of action.
You can change the budget of your paid ads dependent on things such as the specific pages visited, and the length of time spent on each page. This allows you really target the specific set of users who are most likely to be converted to a paying customer.
For example: A person who was on your site for an hour and visited five different pages is much more likely to become one of your customers than someone who was only on your site for 10 seconds. It therefore makes sense to target the former group.
How can remarketing help my hearing clinic?
Remarketing can help your hearing practice in 4 ways:
- Remarketing enables more customized marketing because marketers know what users have browsed on the websites and pages they visited. They can then be target through sophisticated strategies such as remarketing lists, as mentioned earlier.
- Remarketing is more cost effective because the ads are shown to people who have already shown some interest in your services and not on people who are unlikely to be one of your hearing patients. This leads to a higher return on your investment, saving you money on your marketing budget.
- It improves brand awareness for people who visited your site, helping visitors remember your site after they have left. You can use your advertising campaign to spread awareness about your hearing aids, special deals or any free hearing screening events you are having that may be of interest.
- It increases lead conversion since the ads are only shown to people who are already ahead in the purchasing funnel purchase and are more likely to be converted into paying customers. For instance, by targeting those who have visited your hearing aid test drive page, you’re more likely to convince them to sign up for a hearing aid test drive.
If you’re looking to dip your toe into the potentially lucrative world of remarketing, talk to us! We can help you create targeted audiences for your hearing clinic which will increase traffic to your website and increase your number of hearing aid customers.