Latest posts by Tucker Worster (see all)
- Picking the Right SEO Keywords for Your Practice - July 25, 2019
- How to Rank Higher in the Local Search Results - July 19, 2019
- Boost Your Rankings by Optimizing Your Website Images - July 16, 2019
For a local hearing practice such as yours, we cannot overstate the importance of a strong local search engine optimization presence. A recent study found that 50% of consumers who search for a local business on their smartphone will visit the place on the same day. If your competitor’s business is above yours in the local search results, you could be losing business to them every day.
There’s no doubt that good local SEO takes time, but here are some steps you can take to begin improving your hearing practice’s local web presence today.
Create and Optimize Your Google My Business Account
You probably focus on getting Google’s results using different content and keyword strategies when using search engine optimization (SEO) for your business.
It’s a little different when dealing with local SEO and Google My Business. If you search for “audiologists near me”, you will see a map at the top of your screen, it will show information about the businesses listed in the main search results such as name, address, website, telephone number and reviews.
Few people realize that this information does not come from a website, it comes from the business’s Google My Business page. If you don’t have a listing in place, then you’re wasting a golden opportunity to acquire new customers.
Take Advantage of Online Business Directories
Online business directories such as Yelp, Foursquare, MapQuest, and Yellow Pages are great places for you to input your business information. Not only will it help your business presence to get your business information in these directories, but it will also enhance your local SEO. To maximize your presence, ensure that you have a correct business name, address and telephone number consistent throughout all directories, a link to your website and a comprehensive business description.
Optimize Your Website for Mobile
A recent study found that we are quickly moving towards mobile search as the preferred search method. Mobile site visits actually increased from 57% in 2016 to 63% in 2017, with the visits to websites using desktops declining from 43% in 2016 to just 37% in 2017.
This suggests you have to make your website “mobile first” in order to improve your local SEO presence. You can make this happen for you in the following ways:
- Make sure your website doesn’t take more than 3 seconds to load. The phones your potential customers are using could be poorly connected to the Internet at the time of searching, so it’s important to do what you can to make sure they see your website.
- For ease of reading, use bigger fonts which can be read easily on a smartphone.
- There is very little space on a mobile screen, so use images only if absolutely necessary.
Create great content
The most valuable thing you can do for your local business is to post high quality content. This is essential for both visitors and search engines. When it provides value to people who find what they are looking for on your content, they often use social media and social networking sites to engage with your content, and in turn, promote your business. Google considers these actions as social validation, and then uses this to rank you higher both locally and nationally.
Get Regular Reviews from Happy Customers
A study done in 2017 revealed that 85% of customers trust online reviews the same as they would a recommendation from a friend or member of the family.
Here are some tips to encourage customers to leave reviews:
- Ask your customer once the transaction is complete.
- Give you customer an email to ask if they are happy with their product or service. If they are, encourage to write a review, and provide the link in the email.
- Respond to all of your reviews, whether negative or positive. This gives off the impression that you value your customer’s feedback, increasing the likelihood that people will write a review.
Many enterprises believe that because they are local, they cannot reach a broad audience. They believe that as a local company they couldn’t possibly rank well as they don’t have the funds. That could not be further from the truth. Indeed, local businesses have in many ways massively enhanced their local SEO presence with minimal investment, and they have the customers to prove it. With these tips, your hearing practice can too.
Are you looking to increase your hearing patient leads by improving your local SEO presence? We can help! Contact us today for a chat on how we can help you.